Saturday, October 10, 2009

I'm a big girl

I usually don't post twice in one day, but this definitely is worth it. Aubree was taking a bath today and I was sitting in Sophie's room reading, since I have a nice view of the bath tub. Dave and I haven't been feeling great lately so I was just relaxing and she was in their for about an hour. She finally got out and came and sat with me on the rocking chair. I was to tired to get her dressed so we just hung out for about half an hour. Then Aubree said "Mommy I need to go pee-pee." So I told her to go sit on her big girl potty and if she went pee-pee she could put a sticker on her chart and get a treat. She sat for a few minuets and came to get me, saying she went. This happens frequently with no result, but to my surprise when I went to check she actually had!! We had to call Dave right away (after sticker and skittles of course..) and both Grandma's. She was so proud of herself and so excited that I was overjoyed. It only happened that once today, but I'll be all over this. Wish me luck.


On a side note, Our stupid computer crashed....luckily we had it all backed up on our hard drive. Our photos were all saved but not in albums. I have spent countless hours putting the girls pictures in order by year, so I had three albums for Aubree and actually 6 for Sophie (I do it by the month the first year and then combine it all later) So the past couple of days I've been working on putting the albums back together. Let me tell you how fun this is....I think I want to die! I had every picture of their lives in order by the day!!! And now I have a jumbled mess. Not to mention our lovely computer saves every image every time there is a change to it whether we save it that way or not. Like if the picture is horizontal and needs to be vertical it is saved at every turn and every enhancement so I have about quadruple the number of pictures to sift through. It gives me a headache just thinking about it. I have all the pictures in the right category now, I just have to put them in order and delete all the million copies. I was telling this story to my friend and her husband asked why I just didn't look at the dates on the picture's info....well I'm stupid so I didn't know you could. I was so excited I came home to keep working on it and to my disappointment it apparently only has the date if you set your camera :) which we never do. So no help there. Anyway just needed to vent a little and as I've been sifting I found this picture of me and Aubree last Halloween when I was about 5 months prego with Soph. So glad I'm not this Halloween. Anyway I'm pretty sure I want to grow my hair out again...What do you guys think? Short or long? Thanks and thanks for letting me vent :)

3 comments:

  1. Luckily you are one of those people who can have any length of hair and look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Aubree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that she has done it once, maybe it won't be such a scary thing anymore!?! P.S. I am looking at your curly hair with so much envy right now. I am about to chop off a few inches of mine b/c it is so frumpy I want to die!! I say go for the grow out.... you can always chop it off later when you are sick of it... (which I know you will. I am exactly the same way!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aubs looks so sad in that picture, but so cute too! That's so exciting that she used her big girl potty.

    I like you hair either way. I'm growing mine out right now and it's EVIL!

    ReplyDelete