Sunday, November 29, 2009

Give Thanks

I've always enjoyed having a day set aside each year to focus on my blessings and give thanks for them. I always try to be mindful of my many blessings throughout the year but I love the excuse to really focus and ponder.

First and foremost I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. I will never really understand what sacrifices he made for me. I have a deep love and reverence for Him. Encompassing my gratitude for Him is my gratitude for being born in the gospel. I've never been "lost" or had to search for the truth. I had to come to believe on my own and build up my testimony, but the knowledge and vast amounts of recourses were always there.

I am so grateful to be raised by wonderful parents. I have had trying times (like all of us) and I can't think of better people to turn to. My Mom has an amazing spirit and testimony. Her love for the Savior and testimony of the Atonement has been an anchor for me when I didn't have one for myself. My Dad has a sense of goodness that I hope to achieve. His example of keeping the commandments and always choosing the right no matter the inconvenience has inspired me. This is the second (?) year I have been apart from my family for this Holiday. I hate that, but am so grateful to have them in my life.

I love my Family. My Husband Dave and two girls, Aubree and Sophie. It still feels like I am playing "house" sometimes. It's hard to believe that I am "growing up" and have these responsibilities. But I can't imagine living life with out them. They make the days full of meaning and endless possibilities.

I'm thankful for wonderful in-laws. Being forced to live away from my immediate family (since they abandoned me :) makes it easier to deal with, having a family like them. They have always been so loving and supportive to me.

I am also grateful for: All my family extended and immediate, Prayer, This country, All those who fight for our freedoms past and present, MUSIC, My health, Emotions, A home, Food to eat, Clothes, A car, Creativity/crafts, Wonderful neighbors, Movies, Books, Medicine, and much much more. There is so much to be thankful for. No matter how many lists I make each year (trying always to not duplicate) I will never come close to naming all my blessings. But I still love trying.

Happy Thanksgiving!


1 comment:

  1. Well said! I'm thankful for you, your wonderful Hubby, and your girls! I love you all lots!

    ReplyDelete