Monday, November 30, 2009

New Moon


So I finally got to see the new movie. You all will think I'm a nerd. I went by myself! And I have to say that I LOVE it! It was so much better than the first and I still really liked Twilight. I think I loved it so much because we finally got to Jacob's side of the story as he tries to swoop in. Although he doesn't win Bella over I've always been "Team Jacob".... I agree with my Aunt Jenni's review. But I do have one complaint to add. Dakota Fanning. I love her as an actress, in fact I think I have seen most her movies and have enjoyed them all. But for some reason I didn't feel "Jane" from her. The only thing I could think of was "Oh there's Dakota Fanning" "Dakota Fanning is being mean" "Dakota Fanning..." not "Jane". I'm not trying to say anything against her, just her as Jane if that makes sense. But I loved how they adapted the story to a movie. I felt like you got the spirit of the story without all the detail you always loose in a movie. It made me excited again to live in a story outside of my own. I do have to say though that I loved Jacob so much more with his long hair. When it's all short his feels less "Jacoby" too me, but still very cute. My friend who didn't like it mentioned she might see it again with me to try to like it better...And I can't wait to go. Thanks to Stephanie Meyer!!!

5 comments:

  1. I told you!!! Dakota Fanning ruined it. And I am not a Dakota hater.... I just didn't like that they put such a well known actress with a group of people who really weren't that famous before Twilight. Boo. Bad choice Hollywood. P.S. I saw that you called me yesterday, I'm calling you back today!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! You got to see it! I'm glad you did. It's even better the second and third time around. ;)

    I can see what you mean by Dakota Fanning. She didn't bother quite as much as you, but I do see where you're coming from.

    I like Jacob with his short hair better, even though Jacob is supposed to have long hair. But, I've always liked clean-cut men. I'm not one for facial hair or long hair.

    Did you check out their abs? *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the movie too! I think I have the same feelings about it as you do with Jacob and Jane... Jared (Elton) hasn't seen it yet so if you want to go again when we go you should! Wish we could be in St. George with you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I did see it again and LOVED it. The screen at the older theater I went to really made the vampires look bad and tonight they looked WAY better! We still need to go see it again together! I agree about Dakota. It didn't work for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN! I thought the same thing about Dakota Fanning. It was more of a distraction than anything. (:
    I liked it too - I'm still Team Edward, but Hellllooooo, Jacob!

    We were thinking about going to see the Christmas lights at Temple square one of these days - let us know if you guys want to come along. We miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete