Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Another successful shopping trip

I'll be doing these posts every now and then when I have an especially good shopping trip.

This trip I spent $71.00 and saved $107! It was fabulous. That's a 66% savings!

I didn't take a picture of everything...the produce and meats never have coupons...so they're boring to write about. :) For this lot I spent a total of $15.30! Pretty amazing. This is how it breaks down:
Toothbrushes: Got paid $1 per brush. I got 4 (and they're the good kind, with the cross bristles...)


Mentos Gum: Got paid $0.10 for two of them...got an additional 20 for FREE!



Sugar (5lb bag): Got paid $0.01 each

Crest toothpaste: Got 5 for $0.25 each and 1 for $0.50

Gatorade: $0.49 each (got 10)

Easy Mac: $0.49 each (got 2)

Crystal Lite to-go-packets: $0.50 each (got 2)

Irish spring soap, pack of three: $0.75 each (got 2)

Dannon yogurt: $0.79 each (I got 3 crush cups, 2 smoothie drinks and two danino mini cups)

Kraft Mayo and Miracle whip: $0.94 each (got two of each)

For $15 of regular priced items I would only have been able to get the gatorade and 1 crystal light packet! Crazy how well this coupon thing works! I don't think I could shop any other way. And I am still determined to get better!



4 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you saved more than you spent! So cool. I really need to get into this, but I don't want to deal with it right now if that makes sense.

    Also, I talked to my friend about doing a give-away on her blog for your store and she's totally gung ho. I'm just trying to figure out details with her. I'll let you know when she tells me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you do this? I need to learn, especially now since times are hard.

    I love your store. You are doing such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously need to get some lessons from you for shopping, I can't believe all you got!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yah I need to learn the ways too Aym! What are your secrets for the shopping madness?

    ReplyDelete