Sunday, November 21, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1

We were invited to a pre showing of Harry Potter. Thursday night at 6:30. My brother-in-law's brother rented out a theatre and we all got tickets! The only downfall was it coincided with about 10 other plans I had that night! So I had to miss a card night (totally fine), my friends baby shower (she said she understood :) and it was the same night I HAD to set up my booth for the following two days! So it was a pretty crazy night. Luckily the set up time changed and I was able to get everything done. Thanks to my family (yes Chels you are family) who is so willing to help with my kids and support me in my boutique. THANKS guys!



I LOVED all the images for this movie. There are some GREAT pictures!

Anyway, about the movie...it was, of course awesome...I think Emma Watson is just so cute. She's fun to watch. And watching Daniel Radcliffe grow up is like looking to the future to see how my brother will grow up. The 8 Harry's was AWESOME. I wish it lasted a tinsey bit longer, he did an amazing job portraying all the characters. Over all it was a pretty slow movie. I was talking to my friend Chels about it, and she brought up the point that during that whole segment in the book (minus a few intense parts) your supposed to feel their frustration of not getting anything accomplished, moving from place to place and doing essentially nothing..so in that respect, the movie did a great portrayal. It just didn't make for the most riveting scenes..I do have two complaints...Which I'm sure you all can guess the first...the stupid naked scene. REALLY? REALLY? Does Harry Potter REALLY need that in there? NO. They could have accomplished the same feeling with clothes on. And when I heard she would be topless, but it would be shot from the back, I thought it would be tolerable. Well, since it was shot from the side you get some nice side boob action, and why oh why did it have to show the scene twice? Once would have been PLENTY. Seriously. If I had a teenage boy I would not want him to see it. You may think I'm one of those crazy mom's or a prude...but how easily does satan use this specific tool to drag down and ruin lives? Anyway enough preaching. My second complaint is that they totally skipped over Kreachers Tale. Which is just about my favorite side story in book 7. I was really disappointed about it :( But don't get me wrong here...I am a HUGE fan, I was so excited to see it, and I thought it did a brilliant job of setting up the last movie that will be INTENSE. We were able to go with with two of my sisters, my Dad, and my Aunt and Uncle. It was a fun, busy, crazy, night.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you're a prude at all. And, I understand your frustration with it. I didn't think they needed to put it in there, but I understand why they did and I guess that's why I said it wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. Anyway, I'm glad you still enjoyed the movie, even with the slow scenes that I didn't think were slow at all because that's how the book is.

    ReplyDelete