Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dashboard Confessional

Chelsea, again, bought me a ticket to see Dashboard with her for Christmas. Her good friend, and missionary companion Denise, came with us also. Needless to say we had a blast!

There was some drama with my ticket (it ended up in Tennessee with my sister. How? I have NO idea...) And we had to figure some things out, but we made it. We were late, but we didn't miss any of Dashboard. Sadly we did miss most of Chris Conley's set who is my ALL TIME favorite. I had no idea he was opening, so it was a bonus to even hear a few songs. We came in as he was playing "Jessie and my Whetstone" and we caught the last half of it. Then he played "At your Funeral", and lastly "Shoulder to the Wheel". I haven't seen him live forever. And never solo as an acoustic set. It was an AMAZING 2.5 songs. He looked really good too. Last time we saw him he had long, nasty hair, glasses and had gained some weight. Which is all fine..but he looked nice and clean cut now. Like I remember him 10 years ago. And it was really fun because on the last song he grabbed three people from the crowd to help him out. One guy played the guitar, and the other two sang with him. They all looked star struck to be up on stage with Chris, being his pseudo band. As I would have :)

Then came Chris Carrabbas. Who gave a lot of shout outs to Chris Conley. I had no idea they were friends outside of music. It made me happy :) So this was the 10 year anniversary tour for Swiss Army Romance. I can't believe it was 10 years ago we were there, it makes me feel old. Especially when I think about all the younger crowd. That were only 5 or 6 last time they did this tour! Weird. And there we were rockin' out. It was of course amazing. I was laughing a lot because Chris kept going off on his own screaming, harmonizing, changing lyrics, because EVERYONE in the crowd was singing along and it was his chance to actually be heard :) This was the set list:

Screaming infidelities. Sharp hint of new tears. Living in letters. Swiss army romance. Turpentine chaser. Plain morning. Age six racer. Again I go unnoticed. Ender will save us all.

(When he sang Plain Morning, it was the most beautiful arrangement I've ever heard him do. I hope he records it that way...but probably won't.)

When he was done with that set, he said something to the effect of, I'm just going to keep playing and not do a fake leave, with an encore. Lets just keep going till curfew. So his "encore" with out leaving was :

Good fight. So impossible. Carry this picture. Places I have come to fear. As lovers go. Cover cuckachoo. Get me right. Saints and sailors. Brilliant dance. Stolen. Remember to breathe. Best deceptions. Vindicated. Hands down.

We decided that concerts are very therapeutic. And it is so true. I always feel so much better after going. I wish I could go more often.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found your tickets (or Kelsey found them at least) and I'm glad you got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy posts. I had to go back and look at your blog. It was like I'd never read it before! So many fun things. The markers in the jammies is my favorite. My parents used to have to check my brother's diaper before he went to bed. He used it as a fanny pack!

    ReplyDelete