Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Report card

I had my very first parent / teacher conference. I was smiling the whole time. I'm such a nerd. But it was such a cute thing. She had a little packet of work from Aubree with a self portrait on the front. And a report card! I had no idea they did report cards for pre-school. Their grades are based on: Mastered, Progressing, Needs Improvement, and Not learned yet. I am happy to say she did a good job. The things she has mastered are:
Communicating well with the teacher
Expresses self well in front of class
Stays on task and tries to finish work
Enjoys school, is usually happy
Recognizes name
Handling crayons
Colors
Shapes
Most numbers
She is improving on:
Plays well with others
Participates
Obeys school rules
Listens and follows instructions
Prints name
Handles scissors and pencils
Knows left to right progression
Alphabet song (which is VERY different from the traditional song that she has mastered :)
Counting objects 1-20
Recognizing lowercase letters and sounds

She didn't get any "needs improvement" since she is showing good improvement in all areas that she hasn't mastered. In the teacher's comments she wrote:
"Your cooperation and support with Aubree is appreciated. I love her big smile and hugs."

Aubree did have a bad week a while ago which involved going to the "Principal's office". Apparently she was hitting and not learning from her mistake after sitting on the thinking chair. I told her teacher to do what she had to do, and we had a little chat. Hence the cooperation. Ever since, I chat with Aubree every morning before school. We talk about how important it is to be a sweet friend and good listener. To show respect to others and listen to the teacher. I am very happy to say she has really listened to me and we haven't had any problems since.

No comments:

Post a Comment