Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Chinese New Year

My two friends and I hosted a Chinese New Year recipe group last month.  Every month someone in our neighborhood hosts, and we all get together for a girls night out of delicious food, friends and fun.  In December my friend Karen asked if she could host January's slot.  She then had the brilliant idea of doing it around Chinese New Year.  Since my house already has ans Asian vibe, she asked me if I wanted to host with her and another friend and do it at my house.  I was all in!  Especially because I am very comfortable cooking Asian food.  Since my Asian "knowledge" all comes from Japan, we decided to Asian inspired food and not just Chinese.  We all had our jobs, and it came together beautifully.    




on the menu:
Asian asparagus, edamame, gyoza and YUMMY homemade dipping sauce, yakisoba, fresh pineapple, cabbage salad, wonton salad, Asian slaw, spring rolls with YUMMY homemade dipping sauce as well.  Jasmine rice, brown rice, szechuan chicken, apricot chicken, and coconut curry chicken and veggies.  I am geting hungry again just thinking about it!

For drinks we had ice water, sweet water, and herbal tea.

We made sure it looked as beautiful as it tasted.  From food labels,
to plants,
to decorations.





We even dipped fortunes cookies in chocolate for dessert.


My BEAUTIFUL paper umbrella from Japan.







It was such a fun night, fun to host, fun to see friends, and even more fun to look forward to next month when all I have to do is show up :) 

1 comment:

  1. looks amazing, Aymee. Of course... I would expect nothing less. :)

    ReplyDelete