Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Im a big girl now

We're going to Florida in May.  Disney World, Universal (for Harry Potter land) and then Cocoa Beach.  We are EXCITED!!!  It dawned on me that I want our family to be more travel friendly.  Which mostly revolves around Sophie.  So we have made some major changes.  First....no more crib.  I want her "bed trained" and since her crib converts, we didn't have to buy any furniture.  :)  

She made sure we kept her animal pouch.  She was very concerned about it.
And of course a place for Doggy bear and Casey.
She loves her new bed.

The second major change is diapers.  We decided we were done, and she needs to learn ASAP.  That's the main thing I want accomplished for traveling.  So we potty trained her!  It actually was quite easy.  It's amazing what waiting until they're ready will do.  This was our third attempt and I guess the third time is a charm!  We kept it simple and easy.  Two tiny treats every time she pees (pez, and these tiny reeses cups I found at the dollar store) , and a squinkie for every time she poops!  Within the first week she only had three accidents.  We're now into the second week with no accidents.  We've even done parties, errands, and outings.  AWESOME!!!! I still put a diaper on at nap and night.  But I figure between now and May we will be completely trained.  YES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment