Friday, December 17, 2010

Being Sick

This time of year rolls around and I am so excited to enjoy all of the holiday traditions...and then it hits me, EVERY YEAR. And every year I forget until it happens again! Between all four of us, we've been sick for about two weeks now. Luckily it's only kept us down for a few days, but it's that ANNOYING cough that won't relent. So this has been us for pretty much all of December... Pajamas

blankies..movies..
and snuggling..hopefully we're all on the upswing and can enjoy the rest of the Holidays!

Sophie has never been a binky baby..never had ANY interest until a couple of months ago. Well, I was not about to let her get stuck on one now..but grandmas house is stocked with them and she somehow is able to sneak some out with out us noticing...so I have to pry them away when they make their appearance..
Sophie has become quite the little cling monkey. Mostly to me, but if I'm not available..Dave decided to get out the baby bjorn. Since my 21 month old weighs the same as an average 1 yr. old, she fit perfectly! I'm not sure how well she liked it, but it helped Dad get the dishes done.
For some reason Sophie has decided that any article of clothing with a zipper, needs to contain surprises inside. If I'm wearing a zip jacket, she'll unzip it, shove some toys..or whatever she can find..and zip me back up. This drives me crazy! But as of late she's been doing it to herself. Since we've basically been living in pajamas, she has plenty of opportunities. And this is just one example of what Iv'e found while going to change her diaper...
So far I have found (on different occasions): bottles, binky's, an assortment of toys, paper she has drawn on, clothes, sippie, an assortment of food..and random nick nacks. I have to make sure and check her now when ever she wears this kind of pajama..

Sophie's words are growing every day and it's too hard to keep track now..so this will be the last update on words...and these are just my favorite new ones, not all of them:
Santa
Snow
Elf
Honey (which she calls me and Dave)
I want it
I need a baba

3 comments:

  1. I love the pjs! That's so funny! I made Corey read this post just for that. I love that Sophie calls you and Dave Honey. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pens in Sophie's jammies are HILARIOUS. Rich and I laughed out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is s funny and cute about sophie hiding stuff. She is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete