Friday, December 17, 2010

Proud Mom


Aubree has really enjoyed her first month at pre-school. She has a cute new paper to bring home every day. And a fun advent for this month. Already I can tell she is learning. She's better at her shapes, spelling her name, and she now writes the letter "A". She has a crush on a boy in her class named Sawyer. And I finally got to meet her teacher and class yesterday (my friend Laci takes her every morning) and saw cute little Sawyer. He's totally the pretty boy of the class, he has golden curly hair and bright blue eyes, basically a boy version of Aubree. And she told me that he was going to grow up and be a handsome prince! It's so fun that this is my life now. School, stories, teachers, friends, and programs. She had her first program! And it was a proud Mom moment. She was too scared to sit up on the stadium, so I joined her for the whole program! But I was not the only Mom up there! They are all three and four so this is their first exposure to these things and they still need Mom, which is fine by me. Since Dave couldn't make it, I was sitting up by Aubree and her teacher with Sophie on my lap. And I was SO proud of both of them. Sophie happily sat on my lap the WHOLE program (which lasted an hour) and Aubree did really well. She was a cute little elf with a hat and a scarf. She stayed in her seat the whole time and participated. She didn't want to sing :) but she did ring her bells, and bang her sticks at the appropriate times. I couldn't get ANY pictures or video...but I kept her program for her.

That was proud moment one. Number two is this:
I have been getting so tired of the same movies OVER and OVER with being sick, and the other day I told the girls I was putting on a Christmas movie and that was what we were watching...so I got out my favorite one: ELF! And both girls LOVE it. They now request it in their list of favorite movies! It makes me so happy :)

2 comments:

  1. Aubree's Rudolph is so cute! How fun that you get to have a little one in "school" now. She reminds me of you, already having a crush.

    ReplyDelete