Saturday, December 18, 2010

Tangled

**Spoiler Alert** If you haven't seen the movie yet**

Now that we're all better and cooped up, we decided to take the girls to see Tangled. I honestly had no desire to see it until I heard reviews from critics and friends. It's a good thing we did! We all LOVED it. Both girls sat through the whole movie with out any complaint.

Aubree really feels emotion, and this movie was no exception. During the lights scene she kept looking back up at me and had a huge grin on her face. She'd turn around and hold my face and smile, say I love you, and look back at the screen. She did that many times during that scene and I could just see how strong she was feeling the movie. The other scene was when Rapunzle healed (what's his face?) with her tear. When he woke up and they kissed Aubree had a look of sheer and complete joy on her face. I'm not sure if I've ever seen that look before. She talks about the movie all the time and we can't wait for it to come out on DVD.

Sophie enjoyed it just as much. She gasped, laughed, made sure they weren't too sad...and my favorite, when Rapunzle's hair got got cut off she said "Oh, no...hair go?" She was totally absorbed throughout the whole movie. It's a fun stage to be able to take them to a movie, watch the whole thing, and still not pay for either one!

I LOVED, LOVED the movie. The story, the music, the humor, emotion. Classic Disney. It was a little weird that Mandy Moore was the princess because I know her (as an artist, not personally :) But she did a really good job, so it didn't ruin anything. I just had to keep images of "A walk to Remember", "Princess Diaries" and various music videos out of my head so I could see her as Rapunzle and not as "Mandy Moore doing Rapunzle" if that makes sense...any way AWESOME movie and fun night out with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment