Saturday, March 19, 2011

Tori's Baptism

My neice Tori made the decision to get baptized into the Church. She is almost 12 and lives with her Dad and step-mom who are in-active. We are all proud of her decision, and my family came out to Utah to be a part of it. It turned out really nice. My Dad baptized her, and my Mom talked to her about the Holy Ghost. The girls loved watching, right up at the font and now they ask if they can see the bathtub in all the churches :)

I made Tori a bracelet, and headband (that I forgot to picture), to remember her special day. The headband was actually a request from my Mom, in her talk. She had objects presented to Tori to help her remember attributes of the Holy Ghost. The headband will help her remember "to let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly".


I was supposed to bring cookies to share...I totally forgot. Nice. But everything turned out well and Tori was just glowing.

On the way home I had Dave run me to R.C. Willey so I could pick up some carpet samples for Nursery. The girls just LOVED them. Thank goodness 'cause they were driving us nuts...


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the baptism was nice. I was sad that Corey and I couldn't make it. One of these days, Corey being sick won't interfere with our lives. :)

    ReplyDelete