Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Birthday

I have the best family and friends! Boy have I been spoiled. It started Tuesday night, with my friend Somer taking me out for frozen yogurt. And it was delicious! Then I woke up to a wonderful homemade breakfast, today, of my favorite foods...french toast and orange juice. Thanks to my good friend and neighbor Karen.


After breakfast my other good friend and neighbor (on the other side) came to take my girls for a couple of hours so I could leisurely get ready with out children. I'm telling you, I was spoiled and the day was getting started. Dave gave me a card, which he made :) I was very impressed...and inside my card was a gift certificate to Olive Garden for lunch, a certificate for a movie with movie times and names so I could easily pick, and a certificate for a day of shopping! My favorite kind of birthday. My sister Kels came up at 11:45 to watch the kids all day, so we could go play. THANKS KELS...((and throughout the day I got many wonderful texts, phone calls, facebook messages, and cards in the mail!))

So first we went to Hobby Lobby and I picked out some cute crafty things...then we went to a movie...X-Men. Which was fabulous. And next was Olive Garden for lunch. As I got out of the car, Dave notice something. Something not cool at all, and it was my least favorite "birthday present"....someone keyed our car! Along the passenger side of the car, and it's not pretty...that obviously put Dave in a sad mood, but he was trying REALLY hard to let it affect my day.



(Don't mind the dirty car :)


Lunch was amazing, and then we went out for more shopping. We got home just after 5, to relieve Kels. I decided I didn't want to cook dinner, and since it was my birthday, I could get away with it. So eggs and sausage it was. While I was "not cooking" Laci (who had my kids earlier) brought over a HUGE tub of frozen yogurt from her favorite local place. And I have to say it is the closest to Froyo I've had. So it's probably my new favorite since I am deprived of Froyo's goodness. After dinner we just hung out...while I tried to decide if I wanted to do anything else. Dave totally and completely fell asleep, at 8:00...so that made my decision for me :) I put the kids down at 8:30 and enjoyed a quiet, boring evening by myself!

**UPDATE**
Friday morning my MIL came up and took me and my girls shopping. I got even more spoiled, and we went to lunch at CPK. One of my favorites. Then that night my good friend Zenny, and her husband took Dave and I out to dinner for my birthday. We went to their favorite Asian restaurant. And it was delicious. After, we went out to Menchie's for more frozen yogurt. My friends really know me :) It has been a wonderful birthday, that turned into a birthday week!

No comments:

Post a Comment