Friday, September 30, 2011

Books

I do have other "loves" than just crafting.  I'm an avid reader.  Have been since I was a kid.  And I absolutely LOVE going into someone else's world, and loosing myself.  I wouldn't even know where to begin on narrowing down my favorites list.  It's like asking me what my favorite song is....(music being another "love") there are too many generes, to name just one as a favorite.  I want to start cataloging the books I read, as motivation to keep reading, and I bet it will be fun to look back on.  So for the month of September...

Final Theory by Mark Alpert.
Definitely WOULD NOT recommend this.   I lost count of how many F words there were (among others) and it was no longer important enough to finish.  I got to a point where I could easily skip over them with certain characters, and the previous content.  But it became too much work, and just not worth it for me.  Interesting plot...but I had to stop.  I got to page 238 of 356.

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
LOVED it.  Another great one by her...and of course HUGE cliffhanger at the end.  I have a love hate relationship with those...but thankfully the next book comes out in November, so I don't have to wait too long. (j/k, May of next year! Not cool.)

The Confession by John Grisham
We've been going to the Library for family night recently and I discovered that there are A LOT of John Grisham books I haven't read (at one point I had read them all...but he kept writing :) So I grabbed a few.  This was very thought provoking for me, I cried at one point, and throughly enjoyed it.

A Painted House by John Grisham
VERY different from his usual style.  Kind of like when he wrote "Finding Christmas".  This was very interesting to me, and really opened my eyes as to what hard labor is...It's a period novel set in the early 1950's in Arkansas.  There are things appealing about that life, and at the same time, I'm very grateful to live now.

Ford County by John Grisham
I'm only on page 141 of 308.  So far so good.  Kind of sad..but enjoyable.  It's a collection of short stories based on the lives of (fictional) characters living in Ford County.  Ford County is the setting of his first novel "A Time to Kill".  It's been a LONG time since I've read that, but I think I recognized a name in the last story....I'm sure I'll end up liking it as well.

On the agenda for October:
finish Ford County
The Testament by John Grisham
And I'm going to start a 5 book series called "Hearts of the Children"  which is the sequel to the 5 book series "Children of the Promise" (Which I LOVED!!!)

HAPPY READING!

2 comments:

  1. Um, the next book after City of Fallen Angels doesn't come out in November. It comes out in May--Aubs's birthday to be exact. :( The next book for her other series comes out on December 6, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, goodreads.com or shelfari.com are always fun for cataloging what you read. I do that. :) If you need or want help or ideas, let me know. As you know, I'm avid about that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete