Saturday, September 17, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding

Didn't I already do a "best friend wedding" post this year?   It's funny because we moved around when I was little, so I have a lot of "best friends" that represent a different time/place in my life.  This is Sheena. She was my best friend toward the end of Jr. High and High School.  We we're inseparable. Joined at the hip...and it's so fun to still be friends.  She got married on Saturday, and I was able to go and enjoy it.  It was fun to see her family which feel like my second family.  It had been a LONG time.

She had the ceremony and reception in her back yard.     It was simple, but beautiful.

Her son Brodi, (from her first marriage) the ring bearer.
Eric's daughter, Brody (no, I'm not kidding...and she is also my niece!)
Sheena and her Dad.  (I love him!  And he looks EXACTLY the same 10 years later!)
Sheena was just BEAUTIFUL....stunning.

The ceremony was sweet.
Immediately after, was the reception. I kept trying to get a cute picture of Brody....but she wouldn't let me.  I think she was a little weirded out that I was in this part of her life.  I was taking funny pictures and showing her...

So she finally posed, (for about two seconds...) and I got a half-way decent picture.
I'm never good at this...and is there a trick with the I phone?  It seems so much harder?!

Her bridals were so pretty.
Eric took this of us....I would've immediately deleted it...but it's the only one I got of us.  So ignore my gomer face.
The newly-weds.
So cute!
An old friend from High School, Mark.
Two friends from High School who got married...Dallas and Jessica, and their cute kids.
Again, great shot of me :)
A few of their cute, new, litte family.




Who would've guessed that 10 years later, Sheena would be the step Mom to my niece?  It's amazing the way things work out sometimes.  We will now be forever linked.  I am very okay with that :) 

1 comment:

  1. That's so weird that they both have kids named Brody and that one of them is your niece. She looks so big!

    ReplyDelete