Thursday, March 15, 2012

A long walk

We did a "first" today.  For the first time in the three years that we have lived here.....we walked to Target.  It was a nice day and we wanted to get out of the house.  Aubree had been really good at school  and got enough stickers to pick out a small toy.  Instead of waiting for Dad to come home, we opted to walk.  It was bizarre.  We have been a one car family since Aubree was born.  I'm used to it, and being out in the middle of the day was weird.  It reminded me of the way I felt when I first got a cell phone.  It was "cool" and looking around I thought for sure people would notice.  NOPE.  It's perfectly normal to not be at home, with your two kids.  It was perfectly normal to own a cell phone....just not for me! 

They had fun being out also, so we made an afternoon of it, and went to a few stores, had lunch, and then walked back.  It wasn't too bad.  It took 25 minuets to walk there.  And 40 to walk back (uphill) it was good exercise and we may just make it a weekly/monthly outing as long as the weather cooperates. 



No comments:

Post a Comment