Saturday, March 24, 2012

"Mine Ariel Party"

As I mentioned before, Sophie REALLY wanted an Ariel party.  I didn't want a "Disney" party, so we met in the middle, and she couldn't have been happier. 



(I had my sister take beautiful pictures with her camera, but I got some with my phone since I knew it would take her a while to get them back, and I knew I would want to blog about it as soon as possible.)

Ariel came as the entertainment.  Sophie was just enamored by her.  She would exclaim at random moments "your HERE!"  and one time she grabbed her fin and said "I am having an Ariel party.....with YOU!" She just couldn't believe it was really happening.  SO worth it.  
  

Aub's was almost just as excited....

Ariel told her story to the girls...sang, blew bubbles while they danced, and danced some more.  She really has a way with kids, and they just listen to what she says.  Which is why I really appreciated the "manners" portion of her routine.  How to act like a princess :)
She sang a special birthday song to Soph, and then told all the little girls to give her a birthday hug...
They dove on her :)
And Brielle snuck one in after she escaped :)
Then they were presented with a princess crown.
Brielle and Soph are little buds!  (P.S. family, look how Soph is standing :)

And gathered for a pretty princess shot.
blowing kisses

Fishy face
And then they all got stickers to decorate their crowns while one by one they had a photo op. with Ariel.


After all the girls got a turn, it was time for Ariel to go.  Since she can't walk in her tail her husband carried her in, and came to pick her up.  He is tall, dark and handsome so naturally we told the girls it was Prince Eric, and that was just the icing on the cake.  Soph was thrilled that she not only got to meet Ariel, but she saw Eric too!   Aubree was a little skeptical saying he didn't look like Eric (he was just in jeans and a shirt) but we told her he just wasn't in his prince clothes...and she seemed to accept that :)

Next up was presents, and everyone was so thoughtful and generous, THANK YOU!

Lastly we had a little dinner, and then cake and ice cream.  When Cha gets my pictures back, I'll show you how cute everything else was...
But for now I took a few shots the next morning before I put everything away:
g











I have so many short videos from her party, but for some reason this is the only one that will load, enjoy :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad Sophie had a good time. Corey showed me part of the video he took of the girls with Ariel and she was really good. The girls seemed to love her! I wish I could've come. :( I'm glad I could live vicariously through the blog, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling!!! So sad I missed it. Happy Birthday Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you mind sharing how you got your crepe paper to look that way? I love it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete