Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

Last year I had a dinner party for adults.  We were invited to a dinner party this year, so I went the opposite approach and did fun things for the girls. Last year I really wanted to do fun things with them also, but after telling them about leprechauns, being sneaky, coming in our house etc...they were FREAKED OUT and wanted nothing to do with them.  They almost burst into tears at the mention of the possibility, so I comforted them and let them know that they could skip our house if I left a special note :) 

This year Aubree's Pre-School teacher did a better job of introducing St. Patrick's day and they were excited.  So, they woke up to find the sneaky leprechaun had died some food green. He turned the butter green and into clovers.

The milk was green, and he made us some green juice!

He also left a mysterious rainbow in the dining room....

that seemed to disappear into the basement....
They weren't allowed to see yet,,,but it lead to a pot of gold
and since the basement is unfinished, I had fun wrapping it "through" walls to change direction!




We thought it would be fun to have a couple of friends over for breakfast.  Since green dye is the only one that doesn't contain red 40, this was a fun holiday. (just no rainbows :()



They had green pancakes, with green clover butter, and green milk



Then I let them know that the lepracaun left a rainbow for them, and told me to tell them to follow it and find a special pot of gold...







They had a lot of fun!
For lunch we had the green juice the leprechaun left us, and the girls thought it was so funny that he died their Mac N Cheese green too!


Our dinner party was with Dave's Dad's family.  We were asked to bring a dessert, and this is what I made.  They turned out pretty good, I'll need to fidget with the recipe though, so they're GREAT.

These are the only shots I got once we were there...the girls had fun playing with cousins :)


HaPpY St. PaTrIcKs DaY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment