Thursday, May 31, 2012

Magic Kindom (day 7)

Day 7:
Magic Kingdom.  
I don't know what is is about Disneyland/Disney World.  It's magic.  I'm not sure if it stems from a childhood of going to both, if it's just inherently magical....or a combination of both.  But even as an adult, I can still feel it.  Christmases, birthday's, holiday's have changed as I've gotten older.  They don't hold the same 'magic' for me.  Don't get me wrong, I still love them, love celebrating...but it's different.  I was afraid that's how this would be.  Thankfully I was wrong, and I was just as excited as the girls.  

For this little adventure we went with Kelsey and Guy.  Brittany and her family were also doing Magic Kingdom this day, just more on their own.  The rest of the group was doing their last day, of their 3 day hopper at Universal.  It was quite a beautiful day, the concern not being rain...but heat.

We woke up early, got ready and arrived just as they opened, so as not to miss a minuet.  I was already feeling the magic, and just hoping that the girls would too.  As we were waiting in line to check our bags...a cast member came up to the girls and sprinkled them with mickey confetti.  They were officially excited and in awe. 

When we walked through the gates, turned the corner, and faced down Main St., they couldn't believe that Cinderella's castle was right there.   I was so happy, they were at a loss for words.  Eyes as big as saucers, roaming into every corner.  Eagerly awaiting what the day held. 

We ran to Peter Pan first since that line tends to be one of the longest and it doesn't have a fast pass.  We got right on, and the magic continued.  Kels and Guy went off on their own for a while, while we hit up all the rides in Fantasyland.  By the second or third ride, I started to notice something.  Aubree's pretty princess hair wasn't so pretty anymore.  It was SO hot, that the rubberbands holding Aubree's hair melted off!!!  Seriously!!! One by one they started to snap :(  


(on the tram SOOOO Excited)





Pretty princess hair





(Hair falling out :( and a mickey confetti that was still clinging)



After Fantasyland it was time for lunch. 
I had read on a blog that if you want to eat at Cinderella's castle (which we did) you have to make reservations by at least 90 days in advance to your trip!  So I started to plan.  I called and called but never got through.  I tried to do it online, but again no luck.  So I thought I'd just try to get in when we were there.  We showed up without a reservation, and of course, they turned us away :( they said we could try back around noon and see if all the reservations showed up for lunch.  So, we were back, and again...no luck.  I told Dave I wanted to hang around ''just in case",  so he took the girls to wait in line to meet Merida.  I checked in with the restaurant a coulpe of times, but I didn't want to bug them.  They said they were really full for lunch and it wasn't going to happen.  I saw them turn person after person, and family after family away who also didn't have a reservation.  But still I stayed.  Finally after 40 minuets of waiting they asked me if my party was with me.  I said no, but they could be at any minuet.  There still wasn't an answer yet if they were going to let us in, but I took it as a good sign.  I called Dave and told him it actually might happen, and if I call him again, to RUN as fast as he can and get back.  A few minuets later they said they could fit us in!!!!!!  I don't know if they were sick of me hanging around, or knew I wasn't going anywhere, or what, but we were in!  I called Dave and he RAN.  

It was the most memorable part of the trip.  I can't believe we got in, and we got to create this memory with the girls.  They let you in one by one (family) so you have your own experience.  As we walked in, and turned the corner we were in a huge, ornate, amazing castle.  Cinderella was there and the girls had some 1 on 1 time with her.  




They were beside themselves.  Sheer joy and happiness written all over their faces.  A photographer came and took a picture, to be presented to us before lunch was over.  We went up a spiral staircase to enter the dining room.  We were greeted as "Lord" and "Lady", and the girls "little princess".  It was quite spectacular.  Aubree and Sophie were presented with a wand and a wishing star.   Then the whole room was asked to get out their wands (and swords for boys).  They did a little program about wishing upon a star.  They asked all the kids to close their eyes, get their wands and wish as hard as they could.  



Then touch their wand to their wishing star, and their wish would come true....(this is Sophie doing exactly that :)



Next was the princess part of the program.  A little intro was given for each princess.  Then, said princess would emerge and join the room.  Cinderella was a guarantee (it is her castle) but then they just say three other princesses will be in attendance.  Well, we got 4, plus Cinderella!  It was a very good bribing tool to get the girls to eat their lunch.  

They met:
Sleeping Beauty


Ariel
(I think I took about 7 shots with Ariel, and Sophie was making this face in ALL of them.  Ariel is her favorite and I don't think she could quite contain her excitement) 


Belle



and Snow White.  


The staff were truly amazing.  We had a small incident with Aubree.  It was truthfully small, but the staff were right there to make sure she was happy and having an amazing time.  They were ALL very patient, loving and just incredible with kids. 





After our amazing lunch we ventured to the rest of the park going on as many rides as we could.  
We waited in line to meet Jasmine... (Sophie was alone.  Aubree had heat stroke, I think.  We were a little worried for a minuet because she was totally non responsive.  Hot, and glossy eyed.  Thankfully she ate a frozen lemonade a perked back up.)  


We ran into Brittany and family...a few times



Watched Sophie "die" in the middle of a line, only to be awoken by a kiss from her prince (Guy)


Killed us some Zurgs'



Waited in line to meet Merida (Aubree's hair was pretty sad by this point, and Sophie's rubberbands had started to snap as well.  Did I mention that it was HOT?!?!)





Got a text from my Sis, about their day at Universal.


And went on more fun rides.



Kelsey and Guy were awesome and watched our kids so we could go on a few bigger rides.  Sophie was too short for them, and Aubree was too scared.  Splash Mountain will forever be my favorite.  The smell, songs, characters...so many memories.  Toward the end of the night, we let the girls each pick their favorite ride to go on before the park closed.  At first Aubree picked Pirates!  I was so proud of her!  But then she picked, It's a Small World.  Which actually ended up working out better since Sophie picked Peter Pan and they are directly across from each other.  We stayed up until the very last minuet.   The girls loved the fireworks, and each picked out a souvenir (Aubree, a set of Jasmine polly pockets, and Soph an Ariel pillow)  Kelsey was starting to feel really sick, and threw up on our way out of the park :(  Thankfully she got to spend a fun filled day, and only got sick toward the end. (But being sick and pregnant is THE WORST) Sophie had fallen asleep on the walk back to the tram and had had an accident.  I guess it was my turn to have pee all over me!  I would'h've left her in the stroller but unfortunately we had to get outta there, get Kels home, and the trams were too full to wheel on any strollers.  It ended up being a little crazy of an evening, but overall another amazing day, with amazing kids who were quite spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment