Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th


Happy 4th of July! 
Our day started out with breakfast at the church house.  I got the girls dressed in cute patriotic outfits and we headed out.  We went alone since everyone was up late coming home from Logan last night.  It was delicious, and always nice not to have to cook :) 


The girls found some friends and went rolly polly hunting.  Cute Ella had SO many!  And she had named them all.  




They all found quite a few and compared stashes with each other.   


Sophie had a cut on her finger and kept asking me for a bandaid.  Corey got this great shot of her showing it off to us. 


After we came back home "all the guys" (as Sophie puts it) came over for some bonding :)  The boy's went over to the church to play some ball...... Well, Guy's face got in the way of Dave's elbow...and a few stitched were required. What's a holiday without a trip to the E.R.??  It was priceless watching the girls' faces when I told them (after having asked me what happened) that Daddy hit Guy in the face.  Then I explained it was an accident....


It was a fun day hanging out with the Fam, celebrating our freedom...and the fun had just begun.
We went on a walk to the Temple at dusk.



Then came back for fireworks.  There are signs ALL over, that fireworks are prohibited in Daybreak.  I totally thought it would be disregarded and we'd see people doing them anyway.  Nope.   Apparently we were the only ones....Dave told me to do them on the sidewalk just in case because that is technically South Jordan property and not Daybreak.  We only had little ones so I wasn't too worried.  About halfway into our "show" a cop drove by.  I was so nervous..but he just drove right on by.  Good thing we didn't follow my advice and do it in the street! Anyway we all had fun with our wussy fireworks and I was happy not to have to go to a real show.  (They still freak me out to this day)


Happy Independence Day.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you told the girls that Daddy hit Guy in the face, lol. I would've loved to see their faces.

    ReplyDelete