Friday, June 29, 2012

A Wizarding party (Decorations part 1)

Welcome to platform 9 3/4,  pass through the brick wall and come join us at the party....


How about a game of wizarding chess?



Or a stop at the Transfiguration booth?



Admire some art through the halls as you make your way....







Be sure to grab some caldron cakes in the 
Great Hall where the dessert feast is in full swing















I hope you didn't forget your Galleons, as we pass Honeydukes candy shoppe..









and don't forget to buy a wand from Ollivander...





(Up next: Gryffindor common room and Potions Class)









Details:
Platform 9 3/4 sign found (here)
"brick wall" borrowed from friend (Chelsea)
wall art printables found (here) (here)
house crest images (here)
cupcake toppers (here)
food labels by me
BEST butterbeer recipe (here)
"cauldron cakes" recipe (here)
paper straws and bakers twine (Zurchers)
moss (Dollar Tree)
jute, for wrapping the bolltes (Hobby Lobby) 
honeydukes candy labels by me 
(but using image here, as well)
chocolate frog box printable (here)
chocolate frog mold (Orson Gygi)
ton-tongue toffee recipe (here)
cockroach cluster recipe (here)
wands by me, using tutorial (here)
random decorations (old books, vases,candle stick holders, 
bottles etc...hobby lobby, D.I., borrowed or previously owned)
most of my glassware ("honeydukes" and "great hall") was purchased from Wal-mart
with the exception of my big cake stand (I made), and two vases holding candy (previously owned)

I sent off all my printables to Office Max to be printed.  In the case of the House Crests, I just had them blow it up to fit an 8.5 x 11 paper.  They weren't exactly crystal clear, but they weren't too blurry either.  















No comments:

Post a Comment