Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October Books

This month was a little crazy.  With Aubree breaking her leg on the fourth, Halloween, Kelsey getting engaged....I have been busy and SO tired.  Sadly reading wan't at the top of my list.  But I did get through a couple so....


FORD COUNTY by John Grisham
I started it last month and finished it this month.  I really liked it.  John Grisham is an amazing storyteller.  The only down side to this book, is that it was sad.  Good, but sad.  If your looking for a fun, or happy, or uplifting book...not the one.  But great stories none the less.

THE TESTAMENT by John Grisham
This wasn't my favorite.  It was a good story, written well...but it didn't captivate me.  Nothing I can really pin-point.  But not a waste of time.  It actually had a really good message...hmm..maybe I did like it better than I thought.

THE WRITING ON THE WALL by Dean Hughes
The first book in the series Hearts of the Children.  Liked it a lot.  I'm sad that the second book is checked out.  Especially if they're like me and renew the heck out of them...anyway, a lot of the stories parallel the first series.  Which was annoying at first, but if you think about it...that's how life is.  I can't wait to read the rest of them.

November to-do's
Hearts of the Children books 2-5 (however far I get)
The Children of Hamelin by Danny Lasko  (my friend in the ward...he's not published...but hopefully soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment