Saturday, November 19, 2011

Kelsey's bridal shower

Kelsey has been married now for about two months!  But I wanted to wait until I could get some pictures  to post about her celebrations.  I unusually, didn't take ANY pictures and kept forgetting to get copies from Carlee and Jenni.   

So, for the wedding shower:

I really wanted to give Kels a nice shower.  It's her only one, so we invited everyone she wanted from both families, to friends, to old wards, etc...I decorated in white's, cream's and black's.  And I added touches of her colors, in green and yellow.  On my island I did the desserts. 
I added some cute pom pom's to the ceiling.





Along the bar we had an assembly line to build your own Cafe Rio style salad.  But SO much better, thanks to my Mom and her amazing recipes.

I made this centerpiece as a wishing tree.
Only, Dave folded all the cranes :)
On one wall I had a vinyl cut out of Guy.  We were going to play pin the boutonnière on Guy, but ran out of time.  He was still cute just chillin' on the wall.
I used this cute ladder to display some fun pictures of them and cute quotes.

The present table.  I sewed these old vintage sheet music together, to make a runner.  And made cute little tissue, and sheet music flowers in a tiny vase.

The favors.
Vinyl on the front door.

I did more decorations, but since I didn't take any pictures, these are the ones I have :)  I also made a cute white pumpkin centerpiece for the dining room table, I had more pom pom's hanging from the archway, and made cute tiny pennant garlands that I hung in a few random places.  

It was fun, and good to see everyone that came.  The food was amazing, and we had uber leftovers. We played one game, which was "The Ultimate Draw" basically pictionary, but with words meaningful to Kelsey, Guy, or their relationship.  Some of the words were: Foxes, The Bell Choir, Tennessee, France, Music, Cheerleading, The Smoking Apple, Thanksgiving, Temple, BYU, Raccoons, etc..
After the correct word was guessed Kelsey explained why that word was significant.



Toward the end of the shower I was able to present Kelsey with a surprise from Guy.  He had made her the cutest little book.  He cut it to be the shape of a grand piano, and had it decorated all cute. Inside he had listed on each page a reason why he loved her.  I read a few to her, and as if we had planned it, Guy walked in right as I was finishing the last page and swooped her up for a kiss.  It was beautiful.  I think she had a great time with all her friends and family, and she got wonderful gifts from everyone.  Let the celebration begin! 

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job on the shower. It turned out fun and great. And, it's nice to see pictures of me in there. (I forgot to take pictures of myself with people, like I did for Carlee and Cami. Oh well.)

    ReplyDelete