Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Temple

Kelsey was endowed tonight.  It was special, amazing and sometimes words just can't describe..
We left the kids with their uncle Ben, and all went with Kels.  She has been looking forward to this day for a long time, and I was so excited to see her experience it.  A lot of family was there, along with a close friend.  I had a couple of first experiences, which is kind of fun since I've been going to the temple for 8.5 years.  I obviously can't go into detail, but I don't want to forget, so I'll briefly mention and it may only make sense to me.  It was the first time I had ever changed rooms.  The first time I had ever been given the wrong name, and when I used it, had to be pulled aside and corrected.  (same with Carlee and Guy's older sister :) Apparently a cute temple worker had been misinformed.  And it was the first time some of the symbolism really hit me. Like a ton of bricks, hit me.  It was amazing.
The celestial room was awesome, as always.  And it's fun to be in their with my family, watching it grow.  It was real emotional being there with my two little sisters.  I was not always the best example to them...only later in life, and I'm glad we all have found our way.  It's not always easy, but as I am in the temple I ALWAYS,  ALWAYS know it is worth it.

I am grateful for these experiences, for the recharge they give me, and affirmation of the choices I am making. (And try to make)

Of course as soon as we're out of the Temple and back in the world, chaos comes crashing down....but that's the way it goes.  My poor brother didn't get the kids down until later in the evening, and he pretty much was cracked.  He had my two and their cousin Kilee.  Not the easiest bunch.  I felt bad, but what do you do?  And when we went to get food at Wing Nutz, one of Guy's favorite; we basically had a server from Hades.  Who flat out refused to help me with my order until SHE was good and ready.  Even after being reminded by my Mom and Dad, and another worker...(and she wasn't doing anything but not helping me...) it was weird, rude, annoying and a little detracting of what I had just experienced.  (obviously there's more, but I don't want to go into detail for the sake of gossiping, and it's just not that important :)

All in all it was an amazing night and one I'm glad I could share with my family and Kelsey's new family.

No comments:

Post a Comment