Monday, December 19, 2011

A day with no kids

At 12:00 noon, I met my MIL at Costco to drop off the kids.   She's keeping them all day, night, and all day tomorrow.  This is the first time EVER Dave and I have been together, away from the kids, overnight.  I'm excited/anxious/apprehensive/giddy etc...I feel like Rapunzle with my bi-polar mixed emotions.  

It's turned out to be a really fun day, and I only called them twice :)  We kind of just hung out for a while, enjoying the quiet, while being home.  But then we decided we better take advantage.  So we went to a movie, right smack in the middle of the day.  And just because we felt like it, and we could.  What a liberating feeling. We saw Mission Impossible.  Which was a-mazing...  Then we decided we wanted to go out to dinner, we invited my sis's along.  Only one could make it, but us four had a great time. After dinner we went to see the lights at Temple square.  We didn't make it last year, so it was fun to be able to go this year, even if it was with out the girls.  We also went inside the visitor's center for the first time in a long time, and it is very different.  It's really neat, and I want to take the girls at some point.  
We got a quick shot of the four of us.
 

I have decided a few things...life with out kids would be SO MUCH easier, quieter, less stressful in many ways.  It was actually kind of boring at times.  I haven't been truly bored in a long time...like 5 years....but it wouldn't be nearly as wonderful.  I have some grand plans for tomorrow with out a husband and kids (mostly neglected projects) but I sure can't wait to see their cute faces!  Absence truly does make the heart grow fonder, and sadly sometimes it's what helps us appreciate what we have.  

1 comment: