Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Puss n' Boots

I am a N.E.R.D.  Full blown.  And I am okay with it.  Sophie received a birthday party invite to Build-a Bear.  I knew that I would arrange a play date for Aubs so that I could go with her.  Yep, I'm THAT Mom.  Sophie had never been and I naturally had to experience her first time with her :)  There are only so many years I'm allowed, right?  So we went :) She wasn't sure at first why it was so exciting.  And she clung to me like a leech.  I'm not going to lie, I liked it. 


 When she was told she could pick any animal and take it home....she understood why it was exciting.  As soon as she saw this cat, it was the only contender.  She immediately named him Puss in Boots :)
 She was again confused when I handed her a "skin" of the cat and not the cat himself...but she went with it.



 When it was her turn, she was SO excited...but still very shy and clingy.

 She needed my hand to hold as she pressed the pedal to fill up Puss in Boots.

 She found the hearts, and put one in him...then she put another, and another, and another...I think he may have close to 30 inside :)

 They took a group shot,
 and a silly face shot,
 Sophie waited in line patiently to give Puss in Boots a bath.
 Even when Conner decided he wanted one for himself.
 Soon enough he had a home, and Sophie got the magic that is Build-a-Bear.
 And she can't be anywhere without holding up a wall at some point (notice the feet again fam?:)
 I'm glad I'm a nerd, we had fun together and she's not old enough to wish me away yet.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's so funny that she stand like you. And, I'm glad she had fun. It looks like a blast and I so want to do it myself!

    ReplyDelete