Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cha's birthday

June is our fun month.  A birthday every week until mine, the first week in July.  And since my brother is moving in with us for the summer before he goes to BYU, my parents decided to make a trip out of it. They arrived today, on Carlee's birthday.  We celebrated in our usual fashion.  A get together at my house.  I try to decorate cutely for the occasion.  Sometimes it works.  


For Cha I did strawberry lemonade cupcakes



With ice water and berried Sprite.


Eric made her birthday cake, and we all sang to her.  If you haven't heard a Raymond "Happy Birthday" your missing out.  Tonight's was especially amazing.


Cha's face says it all.



Corey was randomly sitting in the girls' castle.  My guess is that he was fixing it...or something in it.  Whenever they come up things seem to be working again :)


I was so sad, my present I ordered for her WAY in advance...didn't come.  So I wasn't able to contribute to her present pile...but rest assured...I will.



A tradition we do in my family is to go around and share our favorite memories of the birthday person.  For some reason we didn't this year :( I think we're out of practice because we are not really all together for birthdays.  It's fun to hear old stories over and over, and new ones as our family grows and special occasions that happen within the past year that give us something new to talk about....so since we didn't do it the other night I will {simply} share some of my favorite memories of us together.

Being "british" on Splash Mountain at Disney World 12 years ago.
Clumps
Being her "person" when we were the only ones in Utah.
Traveling to Tennessee together, just the two of us, 6 years ago.
Wearing fake nasty teeth in public together.
Speaking Japanese together at Lagoon trying to convince other people that we were from Japan, and didn't know English.
Being at the Temple together for the first time.
Seeing her grow into a beautiful, wonderful,  bright, special, daughter of God.

LOVE YOU CHA..

1 comment:

  1. Corey said that he actually was just sitting in it that time. He was just being a goof like his true self is.

    The birthday was fun! I think you decorated well and I wish I could've tried some of the cupcakes and birthday cake. But, alas, it was fun just to be there. :)

    ReplyDelete