Saturday, June 16, 2012

Carnival, City Creek Center and more....

Every year South Jordan does "Country Fest" and part of that includes a carnival.  Our girls LOVE it and we had fun going last year with my family.  So naturally we decided to go again this year.

  They are so cute on rides, I love watching their little faces.  






We went on a few as adults.  This was the WORST though.  Here we are, ignorant in our knowledge of this evil, evil ride.

Carlee and Eric were right in front of us, innocently enjoying the day.


Well, after going on that ride, we all felt sick.  It was horrible, terrible.  And this is coming from a family that LOVES roller coasters, spinning rides, theme park rides, etc....but this was bad in the worst way.  We decided to go on the ferris wheel to get some air and settle our tummies.  It was the girls favorite ride so far.  They LOVED hitting the peak and going downward.  



Of course we stopped at the very top and my fear of heights kicked in.  I'm not bad if I'm moving 'cause I'm having too much fun.  Just sitting there, still...looking at how high we are....noticing our cart rocking at every movement....aghhhh...






After we got off Jenni felt worse, she threw up in the trash :(  I felt no better, but no worse.  Definitely done with rides.  We only had enough tickets for one kid to go on one more ride.  Dangerous situation, but Aubree said she didn't want to go on anymore.  Perfect.  I let Soph pick her very last ride and she went alone.  On the spinny apple.






We left right after that and I was still feeling pretty sick.  
After a nap we all went out to City Creek.  It was my first time ever.  It was really neat, I'm excited for when I go back.  I was still not feeling 100% so I didn't fully appreciate it.  The kids loved it too, the fountains, streams, fish...
We went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner.  Well, we tried to!  To make a LONG story short we ended up walking out and just going to the food court. My Dad spotted a play area for the kids, so after we ate Cha and I took them over.  About this time I started to hurt, BAD, Bad, bad.  Lying down on the mat crying to myself, bad.    I'm still not sure what happend, but I don't want to experience it EVER again.  We went home, got kids to bed, and I curled into fetal position for the night.  

1 comment:

  1. The carnival was fun, other than the throwing up part. But, I did enjoy being with the family and seeing the girls have as much fun as they did.

    ReplyDelete