Sunday, June 24, 2012

Dad's birthday

Now it's my Dad's turn!  We have a lot of birthday's in a row.  Starting in June and ending in July.  5 birthday's in 4 weeks!  Pretty crazy.  My Mom wanted to do a music theme (obviously) so she went in the direction of "Billboards Top 100".   We found some fun ideas online, and came up with a few of our own.  We woke up early this morning to decorate since he didn't go to bed in time for us to do it last night.  

A record banner in the classic Billboard colors. 
(It was H.E.A.V.Y.   We had to stack tiles on top of the ribbon to hold it up!  Then we covered the tiles with black paper to not stand out!!!)  




Cute record cake stands.



Three tier starting with black (representing a standar vinyl) then gold, and then platinum.



We found a bunch of fun records at the D.I. that had significant meaning and my Mom had them in different stacks all around the house for him to peruse through.




and we made this cute banner out of record sleeves.



I took A LOT of pictures of him opening his presents.  It was quite fun.  The girls were having a blast and probably driving my Dad nutso...

Throwing tissue paper at him,


"Tying" him up


Dressing him

Peek-a-boo


More tying

Pulling,

Untying, dressing,

Throwing paper,



My Mom bought this awesome shirt for him while they were at Universal Studios.  It was his favorite by far.  He tried it on...and it felt a little tight...



Come to find out that my Mom accidentally got him a L, in kids!  Not adults...pretty sweet muscle shirt though :)

We had a yummy dinner, using records as chargers. 


And an even yummier dessert.
(nice photo bomb Mom)




My Dad likes smores, so I made him my famous smores bites.  (And by "my" I mean TomKat.)



But his all time favorite by far, is German Chocolate. 
I found this recipe on line a while ago and pinned it especially for my Dad.  Now was the perfect time. My Mom made them and they were to-die-for.  Apparently my Dad wants only this recipe from now on. (found it HERE.)




(nice photo bomb Kels and Guy)




This is a great expression of what our family's "Happy Birthday" sounds like.  It's epic.




The sugar got to Dave and Eric a little bit...


And my Dad too....what is he doing you might ask...who knows??  Who ever knows???



Happy Birthday Daddy-O, sure do love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment