Friday, January 29, 2010

Persistance pays off

September 2008. I was getting ready for Sophie to come into the world. Dave's Mom and I searched and searched for a bedroom set for Aubree to graduate to. Within the budget we set we were able to find some beautiful pieces, but never the whole collection. Furniture is EXPENSIVE!!!
And then came Knights Mattress and Furniture. I found THE collection. I was scared to ask the prices because it was PERFECT. Amazingly we could get EVERYTHING...I'm talking, the bed, the mattresses, the trundle, the dresser, the nightstand, the spring boards, everything. I opted not to get the mirror....because I had something else in mind, but we could have. I was so excited. We ordered it and were told it would arrive around Christmas. What a great present....true to their word Christmas came and so did the furniture. They delivered, I signed and everything was fine. So I thought.
Something was off. I took me a day (I know I'm slow) to realize they didn't give me the wood box trundle that we paid for. We got a metal pull out. It looked unfinished and cheap. I called and the manager told me that the box didn't come in and so they gave me a different one that costs the same amount. Who would choose a metal pull out versus a nice, wood, finished, look for the same price? I asked him if we were still getting the one we ordered or if this was a replacement. He said if we really wanted the wood one he would "try" to get it in for us.
Fast forward to now.... we've called and called. Heard excuse after excuse. "The economy is bad right now" "the company doesn't make it anymore" "oh, it's shipped" and then "oh, it wasn't in the shipment". We didn't give up. I'm sure he wanted us to. Finally after much persistence we have the trundle. It's not the one we ordered. It's not the box. But it is wood. And at this point I'll take it. It's not exactly the right color, but it's close. And we got him to throw in the mirror for free. So it has been almost a year and a half. We've wanted to call "Gephardt" a million times, but we stuck with it.
If you want furniture for a good price, it's the place to go. If you want it all in a reasonable amount of time, or if you want to work with someone who knows how to run a business...or if you want it without a hassle..I would not recommend it....

P.s. This was the nice version.

1 comment:

  1. That is a very nice version! I can't believe how some people are.....that's my nice version too! :)

    ReplyDelete