Saturday, January 16, 2010

Star Wars marathon

I got a phone call from my friend Karen. We were officially invited to the "first annual Miller Callister Star Wars marathon". This was a little over a week ago and we only have one movie left. It has been an unforgettable experience. We started with Episode 1 and watched through Episode 6, including the cartoon movies of the clone wars. We only have one clone war movie left and our marathon will be done for another year :) It's been full of late nights, lots of questions, watching a 2 hour movie in 3 1/2 hours (thank you Aubree) and Seth getting to show of all his knowledge.

After the first movie Karen (with the help of Seth) made a power point of the Jedi counsel with official Star Wars logos and music and everything. It actually was very helpful to know details about the characters instead of just watching them. They don't mess around when they invite you to a marathon. It's been a blast and I can't wait 'till next year!
Karen even dressed up all her potatoes in their Star Wars outfits!
Chewy got cut off, but he is there!

3 comments:

  1. We don't mess around! :) I put a new picture on my blog that has Chewy in it if you want to grab it. We will never forget this bonding time we have had! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to be a part of that! Where did she get the other potatoes? I only have Darth Tater, R2 Pota 2, Spud Trooper, and a Indiana Jones one too, but that's beside the point. I want the gold one and the yoda one! They're awesome!!!

    I sound like I would love these friends! Why can't I have Star Wars marathon friends? So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - I have a song for my Darth Tater. That shows you how cool I am. It goes:

    My potato has a first name.
    It's D A R T H.
    My potato has a second name.
    It's T A T E R.
    I like to play with him everyday
    and if you ask me why, I'll say ...
    My potato has his way with
    P O T A T O yay!

    That's copyright Jenni Blaser 2006 (I think).

    ReplyDelete