Monday, April 5, 2010

Bachlorette party

Monday, (right after Easter) was Carlee's bachlorette party. We did have time during the day to spend together and not feel too crazy. I even got to play Ticket to Ride and Settlers with my Mom and Ben. Two of my most flavorite games. But that night got a little crazy. We decided to go out to dinner. So my Mom, Dad and Bro and my crew went to Cafe Rio. Always good, and they don't have one it Tennessee so it's always a must when they come out. (And we had In-n-out for lunch) That night was the last showing our ward house was open for the "Reflections of Christ". We had put off going earlier because we knew my family was going to be here and wanted to go with them (little did we know they had already seen it...) so we went to do that for family night before I left. It turned out to be pretty neat. They're real pictures taken by an artist of actors playing roles of Christ and all the Bible characters during his life. It was good for the girls to see and Aubree always gets concerned when she sees Christ bleeding. Setting aside all her crazies, she has a very sensitive spirit that I hope she carries throughout her life.

Then it was time to jet off to the party. On the way it decided to BLIZZARD on me! I was so scared by the time I got there I was ns absolutely no hurry to leave. Carlee's friend Nikki (and former roommate) threw it for her. It was really cute with yummy food and a HUGE punch bowl full of blue powerade. Sooo good. I think I had a million cups full. I arrived late and when I had got there they had me start on the games. I received a set of rings, but if I said "Eric" or "Wedding" it would be taken away. And the other was a piece of paper on it that said "Eric and Carlee" and I had to make as many words/names as I could. Carlee was the tentative winner with 45 and I had to beat that if I wanted to win. We chatted for a while and then went in to do presents. It was a lingerie shower so we were all excited! She got some pretty choice items. My favorite was a black see-through "leotard" that snaps, and her friend that gave it to her said "their are no tags, I took them all off, and no receipts. You're keeping it and you ARE going to wear it." I was laughing pretty hard. By this time I had about 35 words on my list, when one of cha's friends told me I could do names also. Well it only took me another minuet and I got in the 50's somewhere. My favorite name that their names spell is "Ariel" haha. It was fun to meet her roommates that she always talks about and other friends Iv'e never known. We made Carlee try on her cute outfits over her clothes and then it pretty much wrapped up.... One of her friends won the ring challenge and I won the name challenge. It always feels good to win. By the time I got home it was late but everyone was up watching Sherlock Holmes. We stayed up a little longer and then hit the sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment