Friday, April 9, 2010

Reception

Sophie and Jenni.

Little flowers girls holding the train.Cute Sophie after pictures, and ripping her hair bow out!

The next day (it has been a CRAZY week) was the reception. It wasn't until night so we had all morning to prepare. My family went to run last minuet errands, again, while Kelsey and I stayed home. Through all the crazies of the week so far it was just nice to see my family and be spending time with them even though most of the time was rushed. I actually ran a few myself and during the girls nap we got ready in our cute outfits. My Mom had come home, realized Kelsey, Ben and I were ready and asked us to do her a favor. She wanted us to figure out how many gallons we would need to feed 400 people an 8oz. cup of milk...well it's 50! So we went to Costco, in our bridesmaid dresses and groomsman outfit, and bought 50 gallons of milk, and 6 gallons of soy milk. We got a lot of stares in our outfits and even more when they saw our carts (we filled three) full of milk and one giant cooler. It was entertaining. We got home, Dave was there...got the girls ready and headed out to the reception to do pictures before it started. When we got there we found out that my niece Tori now had the flu going around and Dave and Kelsey started to feel sick! Tori was too sick to even get dressed in her flower girl outfit and be in pictures. She had to lay down on a couch the whole time! And Kelsey joined her for part of the night.

It was a little chaotic when we got there. People were setting up cookies, getting dressed and ready, setting up pictures and doing all the finishing touches to make it beautiful. It was a mad rush to get family pictures and we were still at it as the first guests were arriving. Once it started it seemed to run smoothly. The cute photographer pulled us aside to get bridesmaid pictures, and then did the same with the groomsmen. We did interviews with the videographers (which was weird) and tried to mingle. Aubree and Sophie were not making it very easy to enjoy ourselves. There was an elevator shaft on one of the walls just behind the room the reception was in and of course Sophie wanted to be by it. It was an open hole in the building with wood barricading it, but there was about two feet of empty space that Sophie could easily crawl under and fall to her death...so we had to keep eyes on her at all times. And all my dad's equipment was accessible so we had to keep them away from cords. Thing you don't think twice about when you don't have kids...but are big dangers when you do.

The reception did turn out beautiful. They had it at the Salt Lake Hardware Building. It was very unique and fit perfectly with their style. I can't wait to see the pictures. They did most of the decorations themselves and set the whole thing up. I was very impressed. And I loved her cake, it was so cute. It was a three tier, square fondant style with black damask and the topper was a statue of Ariel and Eric. So perfect.

It was still weird only having one contact in, but at least the pain seemed to be gone for now, and I hadn't had the flu that was spreading around. And it was so fun to see all the people. It has been a fun week of seeing family and seeing family that I don't get to often. It was also fun seeing all of our family friends and old ward members from Bountiful. It's always fun to have a reason to get together. And weddings are the best.

The line lasted FOREVER and Sophie was just not making it. Dave decided to go home with my Uncle Corey and Sophie and put her to bed. It was nice to have one less kid, but Aubree was also tired and not listening too well. I powered through because it was really important for me to see my Dad preform and watch the cutting of the cake. After the forever line ended the "program" started. Jessie Clark Funk, a family friend and singer, preformed a song with my Dad playing the piano. Then it was my Dad's turn, who sang "The way you look tonight" (a tradition in our family) and something else (?) and then the song he wrote for Carlee. Then Eric sang and then they sang together. It was really beautiful and was a perfect way to begin the ending of the reception. Next was the cake. They were very nice to each other, which I love. Carlee threw the bouquet and her newly niece caught it. Carlee didn't bring a garter so Eric threw one of his guitar pics for the boys. At that point Jenni and I said our goodbye's and apologies for not being able to stay and help clean up, and took Aub's home to go to bed. She feel asleep on the way home. No surprises there. And Jenni and I ended up sitting in front of my house having a really good talk. But we were pooped so we wrapped it up and hit the sack. That night there were 13 people (including me and my other three) sleeping in the house. I loved it.

I though I'd add some videos of the beautiful songs. Hope you enjoy. (for some reason I can't get the video to work of my Dad singing the song he wrote for Cha...) And I uploaded them in the wrong order. You have to watch the last one before the middle one....

1 comment:

  1. The reception was great, and I really loved the location. But, the elevator shaft in the middle was kind of evil. Glad that no one fell to their death. ;)

    ReplyDelete