Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Wedding Day!!!

The very next day, Wednesday we had NOTHING! It was nice to have a day without commitments. Unfortunately I woke up and my infection was so painful that I couldn't even open my eyes. I was crying and had to have all the lights out and both eyes shut to even be functioning, which doesn't work well with being a Mom. So my sweet sister and brother volunteered to watch the girls while my parents took me to the doctor to get some help. I had to borrow my sis's sunglasses because she has huge ones. I still couldn't open my eye but at least I didn't get a migraine from the light. The doctor that I used to work for was the one who was working that day, so it was pretty fun. We caught each other up with our lives and then he took a look. He had these amazing numbing drops that hurt way even worse for a minuet but then, bliss. He wrote me a rx and even prescribed the I take a nap to let my eye start healing itself with the medicine! So much better. He said I still couldn't wear contacts but if I didn't want to wear glasses for the wedding I could just go half blind with the contact in just my left eye. As long as there was hope. I had to put drops in 4x a day for 7 days...so annoying, but obviously worth it. And this special cream for the first few nights...

After that I went home and we all just kind of hung out while my parents went running around. Ben and I played games yet again. One of my favorite things. And I didn't take my prescribed nap, I didn't want to waste any time. My Mom called around 4:00 and wanted to know if I wanted to go with all the girls to get a manicure. Of course. My Dad came home and Dave was on his way home so I left the girls napping and joined my girls. I always love doing girly things and this was really fun. We all got french tips.

We got back and it was my job to cook a meal for 12! My older sister was now in town so we all were together for dinner. (Although Kelsey went on a date with Guy Gibbons who is a good family friend, it went well...) It got a little hectic, but fun. As we tried to figure out the morning plan with limited cars and kids who couldn't go with parents to the Temple until later....but after much discussion and Ben and Dave laughing at my Mom (who was being feisty with my Dad) we finally had a game plan. And went to bed.

Thursday morning. Wedding Day!
We had to be up, ready, have the girls ready with diaper bag and such, and be out the door by 8:30....and we did it. It's very disorienting walking around with only one contact, but much better than wearing my glasses. The ceremony was at the Salt Lake Temple. We got there with time to spare and I noticed people there who I didn't know were coming. My Uncle Jared flew (?) in, and our really good friends from California also flew in. And of course all my Aunts Uncles Grandparents etc.. who are local were there. (Actually my Granni couldn't make it, she was still sick from the bug going around.) The ceremony was beautiful. The sealer did an amazing job. He had a perfect balance of humor, sensitivity and seriousness. It was my second favorite ceremony I've been to. (and no, ours is not the first. I don't remember one word our sealer said. I'm sure it was beautiful, but I couldn't tell you...) I can't describe the feelings I had in that room being with the people I love the most in the right place doing the right thing. It brought back memories of the strong feelings I had in my sealing of the presence of My Grandpa Joe who died when I was 11. It really gives you a great (mortal) perspective of the eternities and families. I loved seeing my sister up there on the alter with my parents on either side of her (in the room) and being with my eternal companion. It's a moment unlike any I've ever had. And I hope I can experience it 3 more times. :) After we all got the chance to congratulate the new couple we went out to wait for their exit into the world as newlywed's!

Still waiting....

Cuteness.
I just loved these pictures of Aubree and her cousin Tori.

And this cute shot of Aubree with my Uncle Corey. (Who she calls uncle "Curry". She just loves him.)
Could this picture be any more priceless?
The grounds were beautiful and it was a pretty nice day. Family pictures are always hard and our girls didn't last to long, but they had a good time. Aubree actually escaped and ran into the temple and Dave had to go in and get her! But pretty much a good time.

We cruised home to change, put the kids to bed, run the monitor over to Karen to "watch" them and ran right back out the door for the luncheon. On the way there was a bit of a crisis. my Mom had driven Carlee's car in that morning and now that Carlee and Eric were done with pictures they had no idea where her car was. And little did we know that my Mom's phone was in a bag in the car. We tried calling a million times but obviously didn't get through. They ended up having someone shuttle them around the parking garage until they found the car. And eventually they showed up.

The luncheon was nice. It was at Eric's ward house. They had it made up cute and the food was delicious. It was nice to see the rest of my family that couldn't be at the Temple. We took turns introducing who we were while we were waiting for Carlee and Eric to arrive. Eric's Dad was the emcee and had invited everyone to come up and share stories and congratulate the couple. It was fun to hear stories of Eric and how he was as a child and teenager. And even more fun to tell stories of Carlee. Brittany got up first (of our family) and shared some touching thoughts, and of course cried. I decided I should go up next. I shared a classic Carlee story and my love for her and Eric. I of course cried....and everyone from my family that shared also cried. We are babies. But my favorite was my Dad's. He shared the story of how Eric And my parents had the "talk" when they went out to Tennessee for Christmas. I guess the first thing Eric said to my Dad was how much he loved his daughter and there was a really special spirit in the room. My Dad said Eric had him from that moment. There were only a few dry eyes in the room. Including Eric, who we have come to know is a very emotional young man. You can tell when he is touched and it made the moments very special. My Dad continued by reading the song he wrote for Carlee, to be preformed at the reception. Eric shared a special address also in which he had to compose himself a few times. And my brother Ben wrapped it all up with his comments. It was a special luncheon and yet another experience to add in my bank.

We got back to find that our kids slept through the whole luncheon, so Karen didn't have to do too much work. :) My family then went to go set up the reception. I stayed home to watch the kids and Dave headed over to Seth's house for a much needed guy night. When my Family got home we turned on The Blindside. I was so excited to see it but with my stupid infection and drops my eye got really achy and tired at night and even though I wasn't tired I couldn't keep my eyes open, so I bailed. Hoping for a better tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! It's back up. I came to post a comment yesterday, but this post was missing for some reason.

    The wedding was nice. I really enjoyed being there. It's great when it's someone close to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was wonderful--- besides the whole being infected thing. ;)

    Eric sounds like a really great guy; can't wait to meet him! It also sounds like the spirit was so strong; I'm excited to feel it when Park goes through before his mish.

    My Pops drove, by the way, he said he didn't want to miss it! I'm glad someone from our branch was there! :)

    ReplyDelete