Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter with family


The next day, (after the shower) was Easter Sunday and conference. Aubree and Sophie woke up to find the Easter bunny came to visit! I thought I was doing pretty well by only putting candy in three of her eggs but I forgot Sophie won't really eat hers so it doubled! But she did get little squishy bunnies in her eggs. (I was so excited when I found them.) Sophie didn't really know what was going on, but she had fun with all the grass and absolutely loved the little bunny necklaces. I love any reason to surprise the girls especially with deeper meaning behind it.

We had already celebrated with Dave's family in preparation of the week so we celebrated with mine. We watched the morning session together, and during the break I invited Karen and the boys to come do eggs with Aubree. They loved it. I only made six eggs because I knew we wouldn't eat them later, and I just wanted to introduce her to it....not bombard her with them. And it was the perfect amount. She wasn't overwhelmed and really enjoyed watching them turn colors, draw and then do stickers. Didn't they turn out beautiful? I think Sammy had fun too. And his were also beautiful.





Then we all played ligretto together. Always fun. The second session started so our friends left and we watched the session before going up to my Granni's. Then we went up to my Granni's house who lives in Layton. Again it was a fun time to spend together. My aunt Caryn and Granni put together an egg hunt for the kids with their names on them so it was even for everyone. Aubree was very eager to help Sophie collect hers, in fact Soph never got out the door before Aubree was done! And again we all forget camera's so no pics to document. But still a good time. My cousin Cami is getting married in the summer so we had a chance to talk to her about her plans, and boy (whom I've never met) and hear all the fun details. The food was good the company was awesome, but as always, my children made it so we only stayed for a few hours and had to leave.

On a side note, this is the first time I have seen my brother and Dad in a while. And it is crazy how they have changed. First off my "little" brother who now towers over us girls is turning into a little man. It's bizarre and I'm not sure how I feel about it. He is so cute or "handsome" as he would say. And he has a drivers permit. I swear he is still my little baby brother, but not really. And my Dad!!! Seriously, he has lost 55 lbs!!! It took me until the last day they were here to finally sort of get used to it. I stared at him a lot during their trip. I hope I didn't weird him out to much :) My Aunt Jenni kept calling him a cancer patient. And for us who never got to see the gradual change, it feels like it was just over night and now I have this skinny Dad who has smile lines (like dimples, not from age...) that I never saw before in all the fluff! It tok some getting used to, but I can again call him Dad., not Dad?


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I can't believe how big Ben (ha) is either. I also can't believe he's going to be driving and dating soon. He's growing up way too fast.

    And, yes, your dad looked like a cancer patient. I'm still not used to him.

    ReplyDelete