Thursday, April 8, 2010

Endowment

Again no pictures, but hopefully you can visualize. So Tuesday morning my we woke up to find out that my Dad had been up all night with the flu. Yuck. My Mom went to go get him med and the pharmacist told her to take these pills (I can't remember what they were) to help the rest of us prevent it. We gladly took them. A few phone calls later we learned the my Granni and Eric (the groom) were also sick. Not good. I also woke up with an eye infection that was pretty gross. I'd gladly take that over the flu, but it was painful and I had to wear my nasty glasses...

We had a fun day around the house, and Ben and I played more games during my girls nap. It was just fun to be around my family even though people were always in an out and running around trying to get last minuet things done. With all the festivities I didn't want to leave my kids with sitters to much, so I asked Ben to watch my girls that night with Karen on call. And I had Karen come over and put them bed so it would be easier for him. I was more worried for him than the girls. I knew they would be fine, but you never know what they'll do when your gone. My Mom left early with Carlee because she was taking her endowments out for the first time, and they had to be there before the rest of us for the intiatories. Dave was just planing on meeting us there from work, so that left my Dad and me to drive out together. We were a pretty pathetic pair. He was trying real hard to not be sick since this was an important day, and I was having a hard time seeing with my nasty infection and it is worse in light so we were having fun making fun of our selves. My Dad was feeling too sick to do the session but was planning on meeting us in the Celestial room. He wanted me to tell Carlee he just wasn't feeling well enough and then surprise her at the end.

Of course we hit traffic, an accident that really delayed us, and ended up making it on time with only seconds to spare. I met up with Dave in the chapel room, and to my great surprise my Dad was there. He said he wanted to try to make it. Eric was also sick and he was having a hard time, but luckily everyone was able to make it. I didn't get to sit by my mom or sis, there were two other brides there and they all had the front row. (coincidentally one was the fiance of a good family friend of Dave's and it was fun to see them!) But I got to sit by Eric's mom and sister who I really like. He has an awesome family.

The session was amazing. To be there with a lot of my family really made it special. And the celestial room was awesome. The spirit was so strong, and to be able to share that with Carlee brought me to tears. We all had a big group hug and then broke up into little groups, hugging and crying. It brought back so many fun memories of when that was me with my parents and now they can share that great joy with another child. 3 more to go! It really was a special moment and I am so glad that we were there. We had been there for a while and we were talking with my Mom and I had mentioned something about the session reminding me of Lost (I know, so not appropriate...) but my Mom's response made us all laugh. She said something like "Lost, oh, that's on tonight, lets go, now!" It was pretty funny I said, "MOM!" and she said, "Oh sorry, when are you guys wanting to go..." We obviously had been there long enough to really capture the moment but it was time to leave. I called Ben on the way home to make sure he wasn't cracked, and he sounded like he survived pretty well. It was an incredibly amazing night and I feel so blessed to have moments like this to know what is really important.

Later that night my other little sister Kelsey flew in. An old missionary from my parents home ward in Tennessee was here so he picked Kelsey up since we were all at the Temple. And of course my beautiful little sis got a phone number from the guy she was sitting by on the plane. He also made her a rose made out of red duct tape. It was so cute. So now we were all here except for my older sister and her youngest, Kilee. (Tori drove in with my parents, but her Dad picked her up the next morning.)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm really surprised that your mom said something like that too. Funny. I'm glad you and your dad were still able to go since you were both sick. And, I'm glad Eric made it too. ;)

    ReplyDelete