Sunday, June 13, 2010

Birthday Bash x2

Birthday Bash #1

So finally, a month late, we had Aubree's birthday party. Because of our San Diego trip, memorial weekend, and Camryn's party, we had to postpone it until now. We didn't have a theme. Just bright colors. And I LOVE how her cake turned out.
We had a buffet of Aubree's favorites for the kids picnic. These were the cutest. Little jello watermelons. They all loved 'em.
And of course little favors.
The weather didn't want to cooperate. I thought for sure I would be safe having a splash party for her in the middle of June. However it decided to rain the day before and it was freezing. So no splash party, and the picnic was moved inside. They didn't seem to mind.
And when we sang to her she felt pretty special...
And shy.
She didn't want to blow out her candle, so Sammy helped out.
The festivities continued....Dave and my Aunt were outside playing with the water balloons that would have been for her party..Jenni would throw it and Dave (and Paul) would head but it, punch it, kick it....and the little girls thought it was so funny.
We got the pinata out, but the kids were more interested in the pool...
Hazel decided to play...
And Sammy
Helen
Emmy, who got something to come out...
Adelyn (who kept pairing off with Sammy the whole party, so this picture is perfect.)
And then Sammy finished it off for us. Little three year old girls don't have much force...good thing Sammy was there to show 'em how to do it.
Grabbing the prizes...fruit snacks, bouncy balls, squishy spiders and caterpillars, princess wands, and smarties. (Which NO ONE took!)
Aubree finds some squishies!
And finally, presents. I only have the one picture, because things got chaotic. Aubs didn't want to open them (she never has liked to, she just likes to get what's inside!) So her friends helped. The problem with that is they thought the presents were theirs, and Aubree didn't know they were hers. And then when she found out, she wanted them of course but another kid had it...so I intervened and opened them for her. Hence no other pictures.


It was a fun party. Everyone came. Thank you for making this day special for our Aubs. She has had a long birthday celebration this year and was happy to finally have her party and friends there. She got the perfect presents and really did feel like a queen.

Birthday Bash #2

The next day, Sunday, was my little sister, Carlee's birthday. We invited them, Kelsey and Guy over for dinner, desert and presents. I made better than sex cake for dessert. It's kind of a tradition in our family. And it is SO delicious. We played scattergories, and enjoyed each other's company. I hope Carlee had a good time, and felt special on her day. We didn't end up saying our favorite memories of her. I wish we had, but even so it's not the same with out our parents stories. They're the best. Everyone left and it was finally quiet after a crazy, fun weekend.

(this picture is actually from Aub's birthday party. But these are my sis's. The one in back being crazy...is the birthday girl. with her new hubby Eric.)

2 comments:

  1. Aubs's party was a lot of fun. I'm glad I was able to come. She seemed to have a good time and she really did LOVE her cake and her presents. It will be interesting to see how she changes over the years and how different parts of birthday parties will become more important, if that makes sense.

    I'm glad you had a good time with Carlee and Kelsey for Carlee's birthday. Thanks for the invitation. ;) (I'm just teasing.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!! Aren't those napkin flowers the best?? So easy, yet they turn out so cute!! The best birthday decoration (and you don't really feel bad when you throw them away after!) What a cute party. I can't believe Aubree is 3 already- wow that goes by fast!! Happy (VERY belated) Birthday Aubree!!!


    P.S. It was so fun seeing you at Cam's party. You totally outdid yourself with her presents!! So cute. She loves the donkey. We took him on vacation with us and he's been sleeping in her bed.

    Also, she wore the cute bubble skirt and tank (and clip) on Sunday to church. I meant to take a picture to send to you, but totally spaced it. And then the tank was put in the wash and left in CA, so my mom is mailing it up to us, because I can't live without it!

    We need to ditch our kids and have a crafting day!!! I keep wanting to craft with you, but our dang children will make it near impossible.

    PPS... did you get my text?? I texted you after you called last week... I can call when I get back into town, or you can text me today if you need me!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete