Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dying eggs

My Saturday was c.r.a.z.y. and I really wanted to dye eggs with the girls. I even put them down for an early nap so that we would have time to, before dinner. After dinner I was off to my last wedding gig. The open House in Utah, so the only time left was right after nap....The girls got up around 4:20 so we had plenty of time before dinner. Only...neither of them wanted to! :( Aubree wouldn't come out of her room. (She is very much me when she wakes up. Grumpy bear, who needs time to really get up and be up...) So I tried to show Sophie how fun it is...she wasn't so sure, but followed along..
Then when I took the eggs out of their "bath" to dry, this was her reaction.
Apparently I am failing at creating memories with my kids....
thankfully she calmed down, and did end up having fun with the stickers.

The final product.
Aubree never did end up making any, but I guess if it's not fun, why do it? Maybe next year.

The reception was fun, cute Cha took some pic's for them since they didn't have Utah photographer. I'm excited to see how they turn out!

1 comment: