Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

I love holidays, and love celebrating with my family. It makes it even more special when there's meaning behind the day.
The girls woke up, and this is what they found coming from their doors. Aubs was a little sad that they were all empty (whoops) but they had fun following the trail to find....


The Easter bunny had paid them a visit....(Soph's basket)
(Aub's)
And to share...
I kind of failed this year with Easter. I didn't get to teach them about the Savior as I had wanted. We talked about the real meaning, of course. But I really wanted to FOCUS on it....
I have some fun plans for next year. Hopefully they will feel the real spirit behind it all....but for now they simply had fun, and that is still rewarding. My cute Easter girls:


After Church (and nap) we went up to my in-laws for dinner. My MIL is the cutest and has an egg hunt set up for the kids in the basement every year. This year she had basket almost filled with goodies, and eggs scattered around. Brody was all about finding the hidden eggs. My girls were all about looking at what was already in their basket!

Aubree did join after a little coaxing...

But then went right back to her basket.
Later we found them playing together in the basement under the garage. They were being SO cute, we quietly backed away and let them continue.
In their eggs they got $2.00 bills. I asked Aubree what she wanted to do with her money. If she wanted to save it to buy a big toy later, buy a small toy now...and her response was that she wanted to go to Arctic Circle for lunch with all of us! (And we did) It was a great Easter.

1 comment:

  1. You're a blogging maniac right now. It looks like you had a good Easter. The girls look really cute in their Easter dresses. I'm surprised Sophie's remained on. :)

    ReplyDelete