Friday, June 17, 2011

Country Fest

Later that night we decided we would continue the birthday celebrations by going to Country Fest. Randomly the band playing has a member that is my parent's friend from Tennessee....so that made it even more fun! The girls of course had a hay day, this is the first time we've been to a carnival with them....

They love carousels, which they call "pony ride"


I was really surprised that we only went on it once!
They went on lots of rides, but their favorite was the big potato sack slide. It was super fast, and even made my stomach drop a little. But they just LOVED it and went on it over and over.

And then hung out with Grumps while all the "cool" adults went on a ride together. (Sorry Dad)
My mom and I went on the "plane" ride. And almost threw up, literally....It took me a good hour after being home for my stomach to stop crawling. Am I getting old or was it really too much? I hope for the latter, because I LOVE rides, and I would be so sad if my stupid body disagreed....

On the way back to the car this cute couple had two fishes, and wanted to give one to the girls. Aubree was so happy.
On the car ride home we heard this from the back seat "I took the fish out of the water, and I'm squishing him.'' Sure enough I looked back and the poor fish was between her fingers, being lightly squished. Apparently he was "bubbled". I took him back and held him (in his water of course) for the rest of the ride. He made it....but who knows what's going on inside...
All in all it was a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment