Monday, June 13, 2011

Oh, the drama.

When it rains, it pours!
First though HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS!
So today was a bit traumatic for E.V.E.R.Y.O.N.E....where to start? Well for a little background on the day, I was sick, had been since Saturday and still feeling pretty crappy. Husband wakes up to yet another day of sick wife and having to take care of the children. My family is in town, and since being sick I haven't been able to have the house clean and ready for their arrival....so we wake up...I'm tired, ornery, sick, and Aubree come in to snuggle with me. Shortly after, throws up all over me, her, blankets, sheets....soaks through ALL the three layers...and Dave was gone at the gym. Thankfully my Mom took charge. After that was taken care of I tried to rest a little cause I knew that was not the last of it. Dave gets home, My sis and her husband come over to hang out and make plans for her birthday...and she get one of her endometriosis attacks...a BAD one. On her birthday :( While all this is going on, the toilet up in the girls bathroom (which happens to be the "guest" bathroom also) is still clogged from last night, and Dave can't get it to do anything, so it is off limits. The girls had been flushing their toys down the toilet a few days ago, and as hard as Dave tried....couldn't get it out, or down. He took off to Home Depot or Lowe's....and came back with a fancy tool. My Dad and him tried for another hour-ish with no luck...by this time the girls were in bed, for their nap...Cha, Eric, and Ben had left to have a little more fun (her med's kicked in and she could now stand up-right) and the rest of us were taking a break, watching True Grit. After the girls woke up, my Dad and Dave took off the toilet, and worked on it for another hour-ish....until POP! Out comes Sleeping Beauty! Sheesh. Aubree was very aware of the drama she had caused by her little stunt of flushing toys, and she felt really bad...hopefully bad enough to NEVER do it again! We'll see. So then off to the store again to buy items to correctly put the toilet back...and they brought me arm-fulls of nasty, poopy, toilety, towels to wash, along with all the throw up laundry. And a bucket full of toys to disinfect...It FINALLY was finished around 7:00 p.m. and poor Dave had literally been up to his elbows in poo all day long, while I was up to my elbows in throw up, and trying to take care of children while being sick. It was a blessing that my family was here when all this happened. I can't have imagined trying to do it all by our selves...hopefully a better day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment