Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Extreme Make Over: Home Edition

Extreme Make Over came to Daybreak. To be honest I wasn't too excited about it, selfishly...which is terrible. But I just thought it would be crazy, trafficy, people EVERYWHERE. But I got over myself, cause it obviously is for a good cause, and then I didn't even realize they had started until 2 days into it. It was crazy in the surrounding streets, but since we are about 10 blocks away, we were safe. I wanted to volunteer, but time always has a way of sneaking up on me. So I didn't. We went on a walk up there and this was day 4! Can you believe it!
There were tents set up everywhere, for first aid, volunteers, supplies, etc...
signs to direct and instruct you :)
in the few block surrounding, the roads were closed, even to pedestrians.
More tents...

Cop cars, and moving trucks were everywhere too...

I wish I could have been more involved. My friend, Laci volunteered and was there all day, and through the reveal.. She said it was amazing..but it was still fun to see it happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment