Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8th, part 1 (Aubree's Birthday)

I wanted to make Aubree's day special, even though it was a Sunday, AND Mother's Day. So Saturday night I set up her counter for her to come down to in the morning.
I put up her banner that I made for her party in two weeks, and blew up some ballons. She got our presents and some from Grammi and Grumps. At first I wanted to give her, her presents throughout the day, because she usually can't handle the excitement of it all at once. But I thought (and hoped) this would feel more special than a gradual flow of gifts...
I placed 4 balloons on her door...and we waited until morning.


I'm glad I changed my mind, because she LOVED it and did really well with all the emotion.
She was one happy camper.

She wasn't too excited to go to church after all the gifts, but we assured her she could bring them, and she was just fine.
Her reaction of coming down the stairs and finding her presents.

After church (and nap) we went up to grandma's for Mothers Day (and more celebrations of course.) She got more presents,
And LOVED the cake I made her. **side note....don't try a new recipe for the first time on a Sunday when you can't go to the store if something goes wrong** This cake finally came together at the last minute..and I was happy. Happy Birthday Aubs! Day 2 of celebrations...done.

No comments:

Post a Comment