Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8th, part 2 (Mother's Day)

My Mom is Beautiful, seriously, just look for yourselves...
Beautiful inside and out. She is probably the most fun person I know.
I look at her, and hope to be that beautiful one day.

And hope to have just as much fun with my own kids (like mother, like daughter)
It's sad to be away from my Mom on Mother's Day, and sadder still when she doesn't answer my call :) I never thought too much about the day that I wouldn't have my Mom close. I never knew it was a possibility. I remember different intervalls of having a deeper appreciation for my Mom. The first time I moved out and understood just how much she did for me. When I got married and realized the sacrifice of having kids right away. The first, and second time I had kids...understanding the love a mother has for her daughter, and just what the role of a mother means from this side. As the years go by I feel a deeper sense of being forever indebted to my Mom. And to not have her here is sometimes crushing. Most of the time it's fine. I'm used to it, but every now and then it weighs on me, and I can truly feel of my love for her. This is one of those days, luckily I'm distracted by Aubree's birthday, but even still I would love to be with my Mom, more than anything today. Listening to Peter Brienholt, eating black licorice, and snuggling on the couch. Staying up late, watching girl movies and being slap happy. My Mom is absolutely the BEST at being slap happy. But for now I'll just be grateful that I have her :) LOVE YOU MOM.


I couldn't let the day pass without a shout out to my MIL. She is the best MIL a girl could hope for. She is the most selfless person I know, and being part of her family has truly been a blessing. I love you Michelle. Thanks for e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.

No comments:

Post a Comment